At Generate Impact, we exist to empower the benevolence creators of the world through great people, frictionless processes and innovative technology.
And through the humanitarian, social impact, sustainability and for-profit-for-good organizations and causes we support, we truly believe we’re changing the world.
We’re seeking people who are passionate about helping others and share the same values as us – Prioritizing People, Taking Ownership, Practicing Humility, Thinking Practically, and Engineering Innovation. We want team members who look at their jobs as not simply a way to make money, but people who want to make a difference in the world. We’re headquartered in Harrisonburg, Virginia and have a mix of local and remote talent.
We’re looking for a Technical Lead to lead a group of software developers through complex or unclear technical specifications or problems that arise through a variety of situations. The Technical Lead is the technical “go-to” for questions and works closely with the Project Manager, President, and other team members to assist in quoting, discovery, or any other related task. The Technical Lead should have a proven track record of full-stack development in multiple technologies.
This position is full time and is eligible for benefits.
This position is classified as exempt according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Reports To: The Technical Lead will report to the President.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Identify and execute business process improvements related to technical applications, systems, and client implementations
- Identify priorities and communicate technology impacts throughout the decision making process
- Forecast, plan, research and select new technologies enabling the company to attain business goals
- Lead and direct interdepartmental teams towards the integration of these new services into the organizational network
- Guide team members through technical issues and challenges
- Be the “go-to” for technical questions, problems, and blockers
- Provide strategic direction for technical assessment, definition, prioritization, architecture, design and deployment of new products and services
- Perform client discoveries
- Assist with quoting new and existing projects
- Analyze various technical solutions and recommend based on technical and financial merits
- Ensure proposed new features and capabilities integrated into existing networks using company current and future network technologies
- Contribute to iteration planning meetings
- Assist Project Manager with technical project planning
- Assist in hiring development staff
- Computer Science degree
- Two years of experience leading teams of web developers
- Five years of experience as a web developer
- Excellent organizational and follow up skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to meet time-sensitive deadlines
- Ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment
- Strong innovation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to get to the essence of a new concept quickly
- Knowledge of front end innovation tools and processes
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements
- Demonstrated success in creating a technology platform or new business development
- Ability to convey ideas and opinions clearly to developers as well as stakeholders
- Full-stack development expertise (Frontend, backend, servers, databases)
- Experience with cloud architecture on AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
- Experience developing API driven applications
- Experience designing RESTful APIs
Preferred but not required
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Experience with Python and/or Django
- Experience with PHP and/or Symfony
- Experience with Node.js and/or Express
- Experience with React and/or React Native
- Experience with MySQL
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Extended Medical Leave
- Paid Holidays
- 401K Plan