At Generate Impact, we exist to empower the benevolence creators of the world through great people, frictionless processes and innovative technology.
And through the humanitarian, social impact, sustainability and for-profit-for-good organizations and causes we support, we truly believe we’re changing the world.
We’re seeking people who are passionate about helping others and share the same values as us – Prioritizing People, Taking Ownership, Practicing Humility, Thinking Practically, and Engineering Innovation. We want team members who look at their jobs as not simply a way to make money, but people who want to make a difference in the world. We’re headquartered in Harrisonburg, Virginia and have a mix of local and remote talent.
This position is full-time, and is eligible for benefits.
This position is classified as exempt according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Reports To: The Senior Developer will report to the President.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Write, maintain, test and document code for applications and platforms. Code will adhere to internal coding standards
- Function as an integral part of the development team, actively contributing towards the development of our tools, services and platforms
- Review and contribute on a regular basis to the ongoing improvement of team practices and approaches, with a view to making the team more effective and improving our service delivery
- Understand project and development plans and clearly articulate roles, project goals, and timelines
- Assist in technical decisions and provide expert advice and experience with technologies
- Ability to support as a technical resource in a project if needed
- Present new technologies to other team members
- Support debugging/rework efforts
- Establish responsible deadlines and personal work plans.
- Perform all other duties and tasks as assigned
- 5+ years of coding experience
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or in a related field or equivalent years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated experience in debugging tools and testing methodologies
- Demonstrated experience with version control systems, such as git / GitHub
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Agile software development environment is a plus
- Ability to follow a well-defined development process.
- Demonstrated experience with building and supporting software for use in live production environments
- Good time management skills, ability to prioritize tasks and learn quickly and independently
- Good communication skills are essential; need to be able to work in a cross-disciplinary, distributed team
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Extended Medical Leave
- Paid Holidays
- 401K Plan