At Generate Impact, we exist to empower the benevolence creators of the world through great people, frictionless processes and innovative technology.
And through the humanitarian, social impact, sustainability and for-profit-for-good organizations and causes we support, we truly believe we’re changing the world.
We’re seeking people who are passionate about helping others and share the same values as us – Prioritizing People, Taking Ownership, Practicing Humility, Thinking Practically, and Engineering Innovation. We want team members who look at their jobs as not simply a way to make money, but people who want to make a difference in the world. We’re headquartered in Harrisonburg, Virginia and have a mix of local and remote talent.
We’re looking for a Technical Lead to lead a group of software developers through complex or unclear technical specifications or problems that arise through a variety of situations. The Technical Lead is the technical “go-to” for questions and works closely with the Project Manager, President, and other team members to assist in quoting, discovery, or any other related task. The Technical Lead should have a proven track record of full-stack development in multiple technologies.
This position is full time and is eligible for benefits.
This position is classified as exempt according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Reports To: The Technical Lead will report to the President.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Identify and execute business process improvements related to technical applications, systems, and client implementations
- Identify priorities and communicate technology impacts throughout the decision making process
- Forecast, plan, research and select new technologies enabling the company to attain business goals
- Lead and direct interdepartmental teams towards the integration of these new services into the organizational network
- Guide team members through technical issues and challenges
- Be the “go-to” for technical questions, problems, and blockers
- Provide strategic direction for technical assessment, definition, prioritization, architecture, design and deployment of new products and services
- Perform client discoveries
- Assist with quoting new and existing projects
- Analyze various technical solutions and recommend based on technical and financial merits
- Ensure proposed new features and capabilities integrated into existing networks using company current and future network technologies
- Contribute to iteration planning meetings
- Assist Project Manager with technical project planning
- Assist in hiring development staff
- Computer Science degree
- Two years of experience leading teams of web developers
- Five years of experience as a web developer
- Excellent organizational and follow up skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to meet time-sensitive deadlines
- Ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment
- Strong innovation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to get to the essence of a new concept quickly
- Knowledge of front end innovation tools and processes
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements
- Demonstrated success in creating a technology platform or new business development
- Ability to convey ideas and opinions clearly to developers as well as stakeholders
- Full-stack development expertise (Frontend, backend, servers, databases)
- Experience with cloud architecture on AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
- Experience developing API driven applications
- Experience designing RESTful APIs
Preferred, but not required:
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Experience with Python and/or Django
- Experience with PHP and/or Symfony
- Experience with Node.js and/or Express
- Experience with React and/or React Native
- Experience with MySQL
Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation, Extended Medical Leave, Paid Holidays, 401K Plan
If you are interested in joining our team please send your cover letter and resume using the form below