At Generate Impact, we exist to empower the benevolence creators of the world through great people, frictionless processes and innovative technology.
And through the humanitarian, social impact, sustainability and for-profit-for-good organizations and causes we support, we truly believe we’re changing the world.
We’re seeking people who are passionate about helping others and share the same values as us – Prioritizing People, Taking Ownership, Practicing Humility, Thinking Practically, and Engineering Innovation. We want team members who look at their jobs as not simply a way to make money, but people who want to make a difference in the world. We’re headquartered in Harrisonburg, Virginia and have a mix of local and remote talent.
This position is full-time, and is eligible for benefits.
This position is classified as exempt according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Reports To: The Senior Developer will report to the President.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Write, maintain, test and document code for applications and platforms. Code will adhere to internal coding standards
- Function as an integral part of the development team, actively contributing towards the development of our tools, services and platforms
- Review and contribute on a regular basis to the ongoing improvement of team practices and approaches, with a view to making the team more effective and improving our service delivery
- Understand project and development plans and clearly articulate roles, project goals, and timelines
- Assist in technical decisions and provide expert advice and experience with technologies
- Ability to support as a technical resource in a project if needed
- Present new technologies to other team members
- Support debugging/rework efforts
- Establish responsible deadlines and personal work plans.
- Perform all other duties and tasks as assigned
- 5+ years of coding experience
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or in a related field or equivalent years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated experience in debugging tools and testing methodologies
- Demonstrated experience with version control systems, such as git / GitHub
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Agile software development environment is a plus
- Ability to follow a well-defined development process.
- Demonstrated experience with building and supporting software for use in live production environments
- Good time management skills, ability to prioritize tasks and learn quickly and independently
- Good communication skills are essential; need to be able to work in a cross-disciplinary, distributed team
Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation, Extended Medical Leave, Paid Holidays, 401K Plan
If you are interested in joining our team please send your cover letter and resume using the form below